WEST POINT, N.Y.- Closing out their regular season home schedule with the annual Star Match, the Black Knights defeated the Navy Midshipmen 2-0, with goals from Kaitlin Palaian and Kaelan Bradley on Saturday night.
The Black Knights earned the win, which is part of the Army-Nay Star Series, presented by USAA.
- Two minutes into the game, senior Elise Urkov struck first in attempting to get the Black Knights on the board, but her shot was saved by Navy's goalkeeper Mattie Gallagher.
- 15 minutes into the game, sophomore Keira Vesy gave Army another opportunity at a goal, but was saved by Gallagher.
- In the 17th minute, Kaelan Bradley followed with a shot that went wide.
- With three minutes left in the first half, sophomore Kaitlin Palaian put the Black Knights on the board after receiving a pass from Brigid Duffy.
- At the 50' minute mark, junior Lindsey Smith had the first scoring opportunity in the second half that went wide.
- In the 57th minute, Duffy attempted to extend Army's lead further, but was again saved by Gallagher.
- At the 75th minute, Bradley, with the assist from Urkov extended Army's lead with the reverent two-goal cushion.
- In another attempt to score, junior Madison Niebish's shot attempt was saved by Gallagher.