Annapolis, Md. – The 2018-19 Star Series presented by USAA continues when Army women's soccer heads to Annapolis Friday to take on Navy in the 30th meeting between the two programs.
Navy is 14-11-4 versus Army in the all-time series, holding a 2-1-2 advantage over the past five years. Army's last victory over their rival came in 2013. The Mids' also hold a 36-24 scoring advantage over Army in their 29 meetings.
Army enters the day with a 2-1 lead in the Star Series, with four competitions slated for the weekend.
How to Follow:
Live Video: https://watchstadium.com/live/147787/
Live Stats: http://www.statbroadcast.com/events/statbroadcast.php?t=1&gid=navy
NAVY (8-4-3, 4-1):
- Navy is coming off a 3-1 victory over Delaware State. The Mids' outshot their opponent 30-8 and held an 11-2 advantage in shots on goal.
- The Mids' are led by junior Baseley McClaskey, who leads the team in goals (six), assists (four) and points (16).
ARMY (6-3-5, 2-2-1):
- Army's six wins are the most wins by the program since 2014.
- Goalkeeper Sydney Cassalia's eight shutouts are currently tied for sixth in the nation
- Army's Erynn Johns is the only player in the Patriot League with at least two goals and five assists. Her five-game point streak was the longest by a Black Knight since 2010.
Last Year's Result:
The 2017 installment of the Army-Navy Star Match for women's soccer saw two teams battle for 110 minutes of physical competition at West Point on October 13. When the final whistle blew the Mids' and Black Knights teams walked off Clinton Field with a 0-0 draw. The game saw momentum swings throughout and threatening scoring chances that tested each other's defense.