Annapolis, Md. - The 2018-19 Star Series presented by USAA continues as Army men's cross country heads to Annapolis to take on Navy in the annual Star Meet on Saturday.
The Black Knights defeated their rival 27-29 in 2017. They were led by John Valeri's race winning time of 23:11:30. He was the program's first individual winner since 2013.
Army's 2017 cross country sweep over Navy was the program's fourth and their first sweep since 2003.
Navy leads the all time series 49-30-1.
- The team is coming off a strong performance at the Paul Short Run in Bethlehem, Pa. where they finish third out of 41 schools.
- This year's team is led by a trio of juniors with prior success in the race against their rivals.
- Roman Ollar finished fourth in 2017 and is coming off strong finishes at the Paul Short Run (25th/24:54) and Army Open (4th/23:58.1)
- Ben Petrella finished fifth in 2017 and placed 36th at the Paul Short Run in his first competition of 2018
- Robbie Santoyo placed sixth in 2017's Star Meet and is coming off a team leading 11th place finish at the Paul Short Run with a time of 24:41
- Senior Mikey Singer has had a strong start to the 2018 season, placing sixth at the Army Open with a time of 24:07.3 and 19th at the Paul Short Run with a time of 24:51.