ANNAPOLIS, Md. - The Star Series presented by USAA continues in Annapolis Saturday when Navy hosts Army in the annual Star Meet.
On the women's side, Navy holds a 21-11 lead over their rivals in the all-time cross country series.
The Black Knights ended Navy's streak of six-consecutive victories with a dramatic 27-28 victory in last year's meeting. The team was led by Abby Halbrook's race winning time of 19:33.8.
- The team is lead by 2017 Star Meet winner and senior captain Abby Halbrook. She is coming off a team leading performance at the Paul Short Run, her first competition of the 2018 season.
- Freshman Shelby Piccinic has had a strong start to her Black Knights career. Piccinic placed first in her collegiate debut at the Maine Dual and led the team with a time of 20:21.4 at the Army Open. She finished shortly behind Halbrook at the Paul Short Run.
- The team also returns 2016 Star Meet winner Bethany Nunnery who will be competing in her third race of the season.
- Head coach Karen Boyle has led Navy in 31 of those 32 meets with the first matchup in 1986 being the only contest in which the Mids were not coached by Boyle.
- The team is ranked 11th in this week's USTFCCCA Mid-Atlantic Regional Poll