The 2018-19 Army-Navy Star Series presented by USAA kicks off Friday as the defending league champion Army sprint football team heads to Annapolis to take on Navy.
The 79th meeting between the Black Knights and Midshipmen is set for a 7 p.m. kickoff on Friday at Navy-Marine Corps Memorial Stadium.
How to Follow:
Video Stream | Live Stats
* Navy opened its 2018 season with a 45-7 road win over Franklin Pierce on September 15.
* Sophomore Kicker Jared Swanson was named CSFL Special Teams Player of the Week for the fourth time in his career after kicking a field goal and six extra points.
* Captain Jason Dewald, USMC, earned his first win as head coach of the Midshipmen.
* Junior Walt Fagan completed 11 of his 19 passes for 107 yards and four touchdowns.
* The Midshipmen defense forced six turnovers in its season opener (three interceptions and 3 fumbles).
* Army opened its 2018 campaign with a 45-7 victory over Chestnut Hill on September 14.
* The Black Knights' nine-game winning streak is the longest since 2012-14 when the team won 20 consecutive games.
* Senior lineman James Scroggins was named the CSFL Defensive Player of the Week after forcing three takeaways with two fumble recoveries and an interception.
* Senior Keegan West completed 17-of-34 passes for 245 yards and four touchdowns, eclipsing 2,500 passing yards for his career.
* The West Point, N.Y., native contributed his first four touchdown game since Oct. 21, 2016, against Franklin Pierce.
October 7 in West Point, N.Y.:
For more information on Army-Navy and the Star Series, follow @ArmyNavyGame on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.